2013 HSA Limits
The IRS has announced the inflation-adjusted increases for thresholds applicable to Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP) for 2013.
The 2013 HSA changes are as follows:
- Maximum HSA Individual Contribution: $3,250
- Maximum HSA Family Contribution: $6,450
- Catch-up Provision for Ages 55+: Additional $1,000
The 2013 HDHP changes are as follows:
- Minimum Individual Deductible: $1,250
- Minimum Family Deductible: $2,500
- Maximum Individual Out-of-Pocket (OOP): $6,250
- Maximum Family OOP: $12,500
These limits are effective for calendar year 2013. For HDHPs with non-calendar plan years, the minimum deductible and out-of-pocket limits are those that are in effect on the first day of the plan year.
According to Employee Benefit Research Institute estimates, 8 million Americans had HSAs with more than $12 billion in assets in 2011.